Business marketing is very vital to companies, especially startups. It is a must do if you want to reach your long and short term business goals. Business marketing can be done in quite a number of ways, but for a business with a website, or an online presence, there is exposure to certain trends that make huge difference.
Email marketing ranks quite high amongst the ways through which you can market your business online. But as with every other means of marketing a business online, you have to understand what it entails, and how to go about it to yield results. This is because nothing can be as disheartening in business as wasted time and effort.
This write up looks steps to be taken to market your business online through email marketing. Although this is not all there is to it.
- Form a plan: Planning is very vital in any form of marketing strategy you seek to employ. Same can be said for email marketing. You don’t just wake up one day and start bombarding people with emails. First you have to map out what you intend to achieve from your email marketing campaign, and how you want to go about it.
- Grow your emailing list: You need to have the email addresses of potential customers before you can email them. You can grow your email list by including a subscriber box in your website for visitors to sign up, encourage your employees, friends and customers to share your email list sign up link. Every single email acquired is very important to your business, and should be treated as such.
- Provide only relevant information: This is where you do the real marketing. You either turn potential customers to actual customers here, or you entirely loose them. Your emails have to be properly designed and well written. It shouldn’t be ridden with grammatical errors, and should be written in a conversational tone. Another important part of your email should be a call to action – get them to do that which you want them to do.
- Send emails at appropriate time: It all still boils down to what happens at the receiving end. Is your email seen or read? You might do everything right, and yet your emails are not read. Timing is key in sending these emails. You should avoid sending emails at the beginning of the week, as people are usually busiest then. You should also avoid weekends and public holidays, as people want to get away from work and spend time with family, so, might not read your emails.
- Analyze your results: Analyzing your results will help you understand where you got it wrong or right. You will be able to restructure your campaigns for subsequent campaigns to yield better results. There is always a thing or two to learn. Your email marketing programs such as MailChimp and iContact can help in carrying out these analysis.