Generating good reviews, especially from customers is very good thing for your business. It shows that people accept and appreciate your products and services, and that you are really in business.
Customer reviews lend credibility to your product or service. When prospects come to your website, and they see that real people use your products and have had good things to say about your offerings, they’re more likely to buy from you.
In this current era of business, marketing your brand is defined by those who experience it. Hence, if you have them saying nice things about your business, you are definitely marketing your business for good.
Then the questions that beg asking include, how do you get those good reviews in the first place? How can you leverage them to grow your business? Some strategies for these questions include;
- Set Up profiles on review Sites – You can start by setting up profiles on review sites. First put into consideration all the sites that are relevant to your business. Even if you think your industry is not review driven, still give it a shot.
- Ask your customers – Your customers are going to be the ones to provide you with the reviews you need. They understand how important reviews are to your business, and as long as you provide them with excellent product or service, they won’t be annoyed if you ask for a review from them. Be optimistic about the outcome, and ask.
The next time a customer compliments you via email, phone, or in person, mention that you’d appreciate if they left the same feedback in an online review on a certain website of your choice, and you’d be surprised how well they respond.
- Make the process easy – An average customer is not going to look for ways to leave your company a review, unless they have a negative experience to share. That is the reason why you need to ask them to post a review and also make it as easy for them to do so.
How it grows your business
- Reviews build immediate trust – Reviews can be, usually is, a deciding factor when it comes to making an online purchase or visiting a physical business location. If a customer is searching for local business, the reviews are often the deciding factor when it comes to selecting the exact business to patronize. The truth is, reviews come into play for every industry.
A large number of reviews, combined with a high percentage of great reviews, builds that immediate trust that converts potential customers into paying customers. Once customers are convinced you can give them what they want, they trust and patronize your business.
- They provide your business with feedback – They provide feedbacks to keep track of your progress. Every review that is posted, negative or positive, gives you priceless feedback from customers that you can use you in improving your business. The feedback generated helps you to identify your biggest strengths as well as your biggest weaknesses and areas that you need to focus on improving.