It is general knowledge, how important websites are to businesses today. It is an avenue for capturing a wider customer base and increasing sales of your products and services. It helps in marketing your business through several online marketing strategies.
But to ensure the efficiency of your website, it has to be included in your business planning and business management. The website will have to perfectly mirror your business, and meet customers’ satisfaction in ease of use, interactivity and aesthetic beauty. You should note that poorly designed websites can instead of helping your business grow, hamper its development.
What makes a Website Perfect
A list of the properties that make a website perfect for a business include:
- Ease of navigation – Potential customers often spend ample amount of time on a website before patronizing or making purchases. And easily finding their way around your website directly affects how long they spend on the website, which makes the difference between whether they make purchases, or they look somewhere else.
Navigations on websites are of great importance. Users of your website need to find what they are looking easily and comfortably navigate several sections of the site, or they did look elsewhere.
- Have an ‘About Us’ page – An ‘About Us’ page is one of the most important pages to have on your website. It helps speak to your site visitors and build a connection. It tells potential customers what you can do for them, the services you offer, and the products you sell.
Although you will still have to give further details on the kind of services you offer, a list of your products, with descriptions to go with them.
Your ‘About Us’ page builds credibility which is necessary for receiving patronage from potential customers.
- Have a Contact Us page – Along with your ‘About Us’ page, a contact page is a must have on your website. It is your first online customer service platform. Your customers and potential customers should be able to reach you. Your Contact page should utilize business technology – email, therefore, it should include an email form, and probably social media handles to connect on social media.
- Website responsiveness – A common trend in technology shows that most people surf the internet using mobile devices. So you should display good business planning ability by putting into consideration, the fact that, your customers could be accessing your website via mobile devices.
Therefore, your website should be very responsive, in the sense that it renders properly on both desktops and mobile devices. This will ensure a better user experience for everyone accessing your website.
- Frequently Asked Question section – Having it at the back of your mind that your website users ought to have a good experience using your site, is important. A frequently asked questions section offers that experience. With such a section, you can provide answers to questions frequently asked by users, ensuring new users don’t necessarily need to contact you for trivial issues.